Saturday, February 6, 2010

Posting

I regret that I will probably not be able to find time for posting during the next week or so. I have some very busy days ahead. Nonetheless, when I return I hope to discuss a book I have been reading, La jeunesse de Marie-Amélie , Reine des Français ("The Youth of Marie-Amélie, Queen of the French"), based on the excerpts from her journal published by her great-granddaughter, Princess Henriette of Belgium, Duchesse de Vendôme. It is very interesting and I have been deeply impressed and touched, both by Marie-Amélie and by Henriette.

3 comments:

MadMonarchist said...

I hope you are back in action soon. The book sounds interesting.

Lucy said...

Will look forward to the post:) Bye for now:)

May said...

Thank you both. Yes, it is a fascinating book. Marie-Amelie was placed in many difficult and delicate situations...