Monday, November 2, 2009

Feast of All Souls

The Day of the Dead (1859) by William Bougereau

Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord: Lord, hear my voice. Let thy ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication. If thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: Lord, who shall stand it. For with thee there is merciful forgiveness: and by reason of thy law, I have waited for thee, O Lord. My soul hath relied on his word: My soul hath hoped in the Lord.

From the morning watch even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord. Because with the Lord there is mercy: and with him plentiful redemption. And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities (Psalm 129, Douay-Rheims Version)

1 comment:

MadMonarchist said...

In this neighborhood it is la Dia de los Muertos -the day when the Catholics scare the pants off all the Protestants without even trying. Even I would have to admit, for those unfamiliar with the traditions it is probably not the most "Christian" looking style procession one would be used to seeing.