Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart Holy Card
Here is an overview of the tradition of devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus among Catholic monarchists. As I have mentioned before, there is a touching account of a meeting between Albert I and the well-known preacher of devotion and reparation to the Sacred Heart, Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey, in 1922. The king and the priest prayed together as follows:
"Heart of Jesus, You are the Lord of lords and the King of kings, I adore You..."
"Heart of Jesus, Belgium belongs to You, save it!"
"Heart of Jesus, the royal family belongs to You, bless it!"
"Mercy, oh King of kings, for the rulers who outrage You!"
"Mercy, oh King of nations, for the peoples who deny You!"

2 comments:

MadMonarchist said...

Thanks for the link. I am terribly biased when it comes to this devotion. Aside from the monarchist connection, my home parish is dedicated to the Sacred Heart and it was greatly promoted by Pope Pius IX who is one of my favorites.

May said...

Well, it is a great devotion!